Saturday, May 9, 2020

Weekly Indicators for May 4 - 8 at Seeking Alpha


 - by New Deal democrat

My Weekly Indicators post is up at Seeking Alpha.

I have added the calculations for the worst YoY readings since April 1.

We now have one full month of comparisons since then, to use as a baseline. Next week, when the actual May numbers come in, we will be in much better shape to do month over month and YoY comparisons. This will enable us to see if and when we have reached the bottom, or whether like ripples in a pond, the second order economic effects are continuing to spread out. I strongly suspect there will be a period of the latter before we get inklings of the former.

In any event, as usual clicking over and reading helps reward me a little bit for the efforts I put in to this reporting.