Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bonddad is alive and well

New Deal democrat here, pinch-hitting for Bonddad with a note he asked me to pass on to all of you:

I am fine. So is my wife and our dogs. The house took surprising little damage. The entire city is without power and will be for the next few days (at least). Centerpoint energy is anticipating a 2-3 week time until everyone has power. The city fared pretty well, considering....

Our neighborhood - which is lined by old trees -- had surprising little home damage. The street is littered with branches etc.... but almost every window is intact. There is only one house that we saw which was damaged by a direct tree strike.


Bonddad expects to be back and posting on Tuesday.

In the meantime, so long as I got the keys to the place, let me go root around the bond-fridge ....