Wednesday, September 25, 2013

In case you were wondering . . .

- by New Deal democrat

As you can see, the blog looks a wee bit different. Here's what happened.

In the course of shutting down comments for a few days to deal with the spammer, one of us -- or possibly both of us simultaneously! --- accidentally nuked the old format. Apparently it's a legacy format that is no longer available for new blogs. So once it was nuked, it was gone forever.

I played around for awhile yesterday trying to replace the boring "classic" format with something that was at least similar to the one we lost, and what you see is the closest I was able to come up with. I was shooting for "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" script, but I seem to have wound up with something closer to "Miami Vice."

Anyway, we both kind of like the new format, but don't be surprised if there are some further changes by next week. I'd tell you to leave comments, but those are still temporarily shut off. Once they're turned back on, feel free to tell us what you like and what you hate.

From Bonddad:

I'm wondering who's Crocket and who's Tubbs....