Sunday, August 19, 2007

Answers to Questions

Several people have posted questions in the comment section. Here are the answers:

Anonymous: You are correct about the SPYs. They are the ETF tracking fund for the S&P 500.

Sven: How to I weigh technical indicators? That's a really good question. I'm a big fan of using very simple tools. Over the last 30 or so years a number of technical indicators have been developed which I am not a big fan of. It's not that they're bad, it's that I think they are too complicated. I like simple moving averages, general trend lines and the MACD. I'm also a big fan of volume analysis and indicators that incorporate price and volume. However, I'm very old school when it comes to technical analysis, relying most on the writings of Gartley, Gann and Schabacker. For anyone who wants to learn about technical analysis, I would highly recommend all three of the preceding authors.

Bohewasp: I have no idea what banks are member banks of the Federal Reserve system and I have no idea where to look. Anyone who has an idea please list in the comments.