Sunday, June 21, 2009

Another New Hire

Like New Deal Democrat, I am flattered to have been asked by Bonddad to contribute to his blog. Bonddad and I have become friendly over the past couple of years, and have collaborated on a few pieces previously, most recently here. I have been a regular contributor on economics -- for several years now -- over at Blah3.com. Among my favorite Blah3 posts are this one (accurately predicting when the NBER would date the beginning of the recession), this one (wondering what happened to all the neocons who predicted $12/bbl oil when we prevailed in Iraq), and this one (demonstrating that Bush's "boom" was nothing of the sort), to name three of over 1,000. I invite you to review my body of work over at B3.

I like using raw data, and will typically employ a number of graphs using data downloaded from BEA.gov, BLS.gov, Census.gov, the St. Louis Fed (a favorite), or elsewhere, which I then manipulate in Excel.

I look forward to (hopefully) adding some additional flavor to the discourse and complementing the fine work Bonddad is already doing.