Sunday, July 5, 2020

Weekly Indicators for June 29 - July 3 at Seeking Alpha


 - by New Deal democrat

My Weekly Indicators post is up at Seeking Alpha.

There is a theory of the “wisdom of the crowd.” It refers to a situation where a mass of people, all taking their best guess as to a true fact, are all individually wrong, but averaged together are correct.

As to the economy, presently the “wisdom of the crowd” may be a ghastly, cold-blooded determination that there can be reasonable growth even with millions of infections and hundreds of thousands of deaths on an ongoing basis. Maybe.

As usual, clicking over and reading will bring you virtually up to the moment on the economy, and reward me a little bit for my efforts.

P.S. This coming week will feature only two noteworthy pieces of data: the May JOLTS survey on Tuesday, and jobless claims on Thursday. So I will probably take a day or two off from posting. But I do want to update my map of the Electoral College based on State polling, and the coronavirus dashboard.